You have a new PM! Click here here to read it!

Go Back   Ford Diesel Power Forums > Technical Section > 7.3L Powerstroke Technical Discussion

7.3L Powerstroke Technical Discussion Technical info, repair and non performance related discussion for the 7.3L Power Stroke engine here.

Old 11-11-2008, 07:36 PM

Cool Navistar up pipe upgrade

First post here guys. Lots of great info posted that i've seen.I've been trolling this site for a couple months, and I'm very impressed with the tech and info I've seen. I'm a truck shop manager at a large Ford Dealer in Virginia. I've been working with Diesels for the last 30 years. I use my 2001 F250 7.3 Diesel (bought new) to tow my drag car in a 24' enclosed trailer. I had to replace my leaking up pipes this summer at 47,000 miles. Right after that I read that Navistar had come out with a upgraded bellows setup. I've checked with my local IH dealer on this, and I've been told that there are two kits, the standard and a high torque kit. The high torque kit is like $200 over the standard kit. Has anyone rechearched this? I'm concidering swapping to the GT38R turbo this winter, and I think adding the new style up pipes would be a must at this time. Any toughts?????

Thanks, Mike.........
Old 11-11-2008, 07:43 PM
Administrator

you have really 2 choices to upgrade to the international one which are what BWD sells here http://www.shop.blackwidowdiesel.com...&productId=340

and then there are the ones that Dave sells these are custom SS I have these and i had mine coated by jet hot but these are more money eith one is a much better set up then the stocker POS http://www.dieselinnovations.com/di....ts&product=270
Old 11-11-2008, 07:50 PM

I believe the correct part number is 1837872C93 for the 99.5+ engines and can be used for OBS trucks with SD conversion.

PDR also makes a nice set of bellowed up pipes as well.

Both kits are around 300 bucks. There isn't a core on the IH pipes. I like the type of bellows PDR uses, however the IH bellows are fine for most people's needs and work MUCH better than stock.

The 38R is a good turbo and if you have it off that would be a good time to install the up-pipes.

You can get the IH pipes right from your local IH dealer, just don't pay list price. I think ITP sells the IH parts as well as a few sponsors here.
TAG II, Exhaust Air Guide, K&N FIPK, Hood insulation delete, foil delete, SX and A1000 pumps, door dinger delete, COMPOUND trans coolers and a Banks Stinger+++ with the Banks TransCommand, Stinger+, TN turbo and stickers and Chrome curb Feelers.

248.9HP 4ft/lbs @ 3,400 RPM (don't forget to divide by 1,002 and carry the 5).

Gale Banks is my hero!

Nothing worse than a good idea that doesn't work.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:22 PM
Sooper Moderator

I just installed the IH Bellowed up pipes about a month ago. Its a very nice kit and fixed all my leaks! Its well worth the $$$

Get the kit from ITP diesel, its cheaper than you can get it from International.

Oh and here is some good reading..

http://guzzle.rbmicro.com/upp.html
Old 11-11-2008, 11:49 PM
They are ALL Perfect!

I have one set of these left at the current price. I reordered today and the price has gone up significantly. Regular customer retail at the IH dealer should be in the $430 range now, my next batch will probably be right at $400 retail. If IH keeps raising the prices I'll have to quit selling them.
Race Truck :: 5500# / 12.66 @ 105mph / Best 60' of 1.67 ... on 226k Mile PMRs! (PMR Engine Retired)
Race Truck :: 5800# / 11.44 @ 119mph / Best 60' of 1.60 ... with "Built" Race Engine (Fuel Only!)
Old 11-11-2008, 11:51 PM
Sooper Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITPDiesel View Post
I have one set of these left at the current price. I reordered today and the price has gone up significantly. Regular customer retail at the IH dealer should be in the $430 range now, my next batch will probably be right at $400 retail. If IH keeps raising the prices I'll have to quit selling them.
I was quoted $519 retail at the local International dealer in town

Thats why your kit is a killer deal
Old 11-12-2008, 12:49 AM
Adminotaur

I got the bad news on the price increase from Dennis today. Glad I snatched up the last lower-priced set yesterday. bwahahahah suckaz!!!!