You have a new PM! Click here here to read it!

Go Back   Ford Diesel Power Forums > Performance Section > Getting Started - 7.3L Powerstroke Performance

Getting Started - 7.3L Powerstroke Performance Questions and Discussion of intake, exhaust, chip and similar items.

Old 11-10-2010, 08:36 AM
No trailer to BIG!!!

Default Stacks

How has stacks? How do you likem and why did you put them on?

Did ya gain anything with them or do ya just like the look of them?

I like the single exhaust I got right now but always had a lil warm spot in the cockles of my heart for stacks.

Whats yalls thoughts.

2003 F250 Superduty, 7.3L Powerstroke, 112K and counting, 3.73 Limited slip diff. http://www.madmaxdiesel.com/
Old 11-10-2010, 09:32 AM
Sponsor

Default Re: Stacks

Im running a single 5in mitre cut right now, love the sound and love the look but its getting old.. im ready to get a normal exhaust out under the bed it was only a temporary exhaust but I think ill run it a bit longer.
Old 11-10-2010, 10:05 AM

Ask yourself, Do you want to cut a hole in your bed?

I had stacks sitting in my garage ready to go on the truck but i just couldn't cut that hole. So i opted out. I agree, stacks look cool... on other peoples trucks.

Ultimately its up to you, but stacks weren't for me even though i think they are cool.
Old 11-10-2010, 10:12 AM
Sponsor

Id love them if it wasnt for the hole....

And another thing is ask yourself if you will take the time to cover them every time you get out of the truck during the rainy season.

Any water gets in there and it will cover your truck in black shit! Literally COVER it...

H&S Mini Maxx Tuners in Stock!
RevX In stock
TS Performance products in stock
Diamond Eye and MBRP exhausts in stock
S&B Intakes in stock
Old 11-10-2010, 11:11 AM
Sponsor

IHMO stacks only look good on a few select trucks. The rest of the truck has to be outfitted properly to go along with. An otherwise stock looking truck with stacks just looks ghay.

And that's not to mention the wasted space in the bed along with having to hack up your bed. I say save your money to buy something that's actually going to do something for your truck. And they will do nothing for performance. It's strictly a looks thing.
Chip Live Tuned from Power Hungry Performance
Transmission/Billet Flex Plate BTS
12.683@105.65 in 1/4 mi!
466hp #2 only 805hp N≤O
Sponsored by Nitrous Outlet
GTS Motorsports
gtsmotorsport@yahoo.com www.doitrightinjection.com
Old 11-10-2010, 11:21 AM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTS View Post
IHMO stacks only look good on a few select trucks. The rest of the truck has to be outfitted properly to go along with. An otherwise stock looking truck with stacks just looks ghay.

And that's not to mention the wasted space in the bed along with having to hack up your bed. I say save your money to buy something that's actually going to do something for your truck. And they will do nothing for performance. It's strictly a looks thing.
oh but they do sound good!

Im with you though... More of a waste than anything. But on a stock looking truck you can make them look alright if you dont over do it! They need to be lower than the cab for sure!

RevX In stock
S&B Intakes in stock
Old 11-10-2010, 11:33 AM

Quote:
The rest of the truck has to be outfitted properly to go along with. An otherwise stock looking truck with stacks just looks ghay.

And that's not to mention the wasted space in the bed along with having to hack up your bed.
Outfit it how? I wouldn't call it hacking up the bed if you do it right, it comes out really clean. Keep the piece you cut out, if you ever decide to remove them, just weld it back in, grind it flat and paint it, you'll never know they were there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95powersmoker View Post
Ask yourself, Do you want to cut a hole in your bed?

I had stacks sitting in my garage ready to go on the truck but i just couldn't cut that hole. So i opted out. I agree, stacks look cool... on other peoples trucks.

Ultimately its up to you, but stacks weren't for me even though i think they are cool.
I used to say that....then I finally just did it! The biggest thing is to measure a whole bunch of times and mock the whole thing up before you cut the hole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strokeorcroak View Post
oh but they do sound good!

They need to be lower than the cab for sure!
I disagree. They need to be cab height to look good, anything shorter and it ruins your paint and the back window seal. I wanted mine a little lower originally, but I'm glad they stick up above the cab a little. I think they turned out pretty bitchin.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stacks1.jpg (34.1 KB, 30 views)
Highslide JS
File Type: jpg stacks2.jpg (24.5 KB, 19 views)
Highslide JS
File Type: jpg _HAO1756.jpg (94.1 KB, 31 views)
Highslide JS
File Type: jpg _HAO5543.jpg (63.1 KB, 22 views)
Highslide JS

1999 F-250 XLT Crew Cab Short Box

4X4 7.3L Powerstroke
Born On: 2-15-99

Specs:
Tranny by JW, DP Tuner F5, ITP RR, Terminated, Walbro 392, 6637 Intake, On-Board Air, Full Kicker System, Kenwood Touchscreen DVD, Python 990, Much More To Come.....

Sponsored By: Terminator Engineering, Magic Smoke Performance, Riffraff Diesel Performance

"ALLGAVESOME, SOMEGAVEALL"

Last edited by DieselHardware; 11-10-2010 at 11:39 AM.
Old 11-10-2010, 11:43 AM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselHardware View Post
Outfit it how? I wouldn't call it hacking up the bed if you do it right, it comes out really clean. Keep the piece you cut out, if you ever decide to remove them, just weld it back in, grind it flat and paint it, you'll never know they were there.

I used to say that....then I finally just did it! The biggest thing is to measure a whole bunch of times and mock the whole thing up before you cut the hole.

I disagree. They need to be cab height to look good, anything shorter and it ruins your paint and the back window seal. I wanted mine a little lower originally, but I'm glad they stick up above the cab a little. I think they turned out pretty bitchin.
you cant even call those yours

haha but i agree they do look pretty decent on your truck. Most guys dont have laser cut flame stacks. Those stacks in a stock mitre cut would look awful that high, IMO

RevX In stock
S&B Intakes in stock
Old 11-10-2010, 12:24 PM
Banned

Quote:

haha but i agree they do look pretty decent on your truck. Most guys dont have laser cut flame stacks. Those stacks in a stock mitre cut would look awful that high, IMO
Why? He bought them, and there on his truck?

Bob
Old 11-10-2010, 12:51 PM

Quote:

HAHA it's all good. When people ask me where I got them, I tell them I bought them used....I have nothing to hide.

As for a stock mitre cut being that high, I agree completely. But, I still think any stack should be level with the top of the cab, not below, but that's the way I think they look good. And anything over 6" looks silly to me.

Forgot to mention, the only reason I installed stacks was NHRDA is requiring stacks or turnups next season to be legal to race. I can't stand regular exhausts so I got rid of my weed burner and put the stacks on.

4X4 7.3L Powerstroke

Specs:
Tranny by JW, DP Tuner F5, ITP RR, Terminated, Walbro 392, 6637 Intake, On-Board Air, Full Kicker System, Kenwood Touchscreen DVD, Python 990, Much More To Come.....

Sponsored By: Terminator Engineering, Magic Smoke Performance, Riffraff Diesel Performance

Old 11-10-2010, 01:02 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
HAHA it's all good. When people ask me where I got them, I tell them I bought them used....I have nothing to hide.

As for a stock mitre cut being that high, I agree completely. But, I still think any stack should be level with the top of the cab, not below, but that's the way I think they look good. And anything over 6" looks silly to me.

Forgot to mention, the only reason I installed stacks was NHRDA is requiring stacks or turnups next season to be legal to race. I can't stand regular exhausts so I got rid of my weed burner and put the stacks on.
See i think thats lame.... whats the problem with the exhaust blowing down onto the track? Thats how it makes it all badass!

RevX In stock
S&B Intakes in stock
Old 11-10-2010, 01:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
See i think thats lame.... whats the problem with the exhaust blowing down onto the track? Thats how it makes it all badass!
Smoking the lights, and lane officers is not so cool...
Old 11-10-2010, 01:32 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobfrank View Post
Smoking the lights, and lane officers is not so cool...
Oh yes it is come on

RevX In stock
S&B Intakes in stock
Old 11-10-2010, 02:15 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Quote:

haha but i agree they do look pretty decent on your truck. Most guys dont have laser cut flame stacks. Those

So my stack is silly then? Comes just barely over the cab about the same height as yours? And my truck is stock appearing minus my rack, grille, and stack.. so with what you guys are saying my truck is gay, from your details that is..
Old 11-10-2010, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford7.3 View Post
So my stack is silly then? Comes just barely over the cab about the same height as yours? And my truck is stock appearing minus my rack, grille, and stack.. so with what you guys are saying my truck is gay, from your details that is..

Not me....I said they should be at least level with the top of the cab....not below the top of the cab. I have seen guys put "big rig" stacks in the back of their trucks and not trim them down so they are a couple feet above the cab, and that's pretty ridiculous. I also know plenty of people who don't like Aussies or Bull Haulers....the few guys I know that run Aussies or Bull Haulers do so to try and get the smoke out away from their two rigs.

I think anything over 6" in diameter is silly, yours is 5in right?

All in all, it doesn't really matter what others think. I have had people tell me the flames look gay and it doesn't bother me. That's why we all work on our trucks and build them the way we want them. Doesn't really matter what other people think.

I still like my old weed burner over the stacks, but I needed something to be legal to race, and they have brought a lot of attention to the truck. For someone who is planning on starting a race build in the next 1-2 years I need all the attention I can get.

4X4 7.3L Powerstroke

Specs:

Old 11-10-2010, 03:24 PM
Sponsor

Quote:

RevX In stock
S&B Intakes in stock
Old 11-10-2010, 04:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
So my stack is silly then?
Yes! Just like the rest of the truck, and the guy in the driver's seat!
Old 11-10-2010, 07:09 PM

I had stacks on my 97 never covered them and never had stuff all over my truck. Cut two holes in the bed to do the job and loved every minuet of them I will find you all some pics. As to stacking a SD truck it has to be the right setup for sure just like the heat extractor hood.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:24 PM
No trailer to BIG!!!

WOOT WOOT!!!

I have been given the stack idea alot of thought. I got a SD and have seen a few that had stacks and I wasnt sure what to think.

Was looken at dual stack systems today while at work. Cutten the hole in the bed just makes me kinda kring, then I would also have to take my ARE bed cover off.

I think they are cool as long as they are done right. If you put some dual peterbuilt stacks on your truck, well.... you must have licked windows and ate paint chips as a kid.

As for a cover, if I had them, Id have some mule ears LOL!!!!

Stacks is one of those, hate them or love them things. Hell, my wife said if I put them on the truck she would stop talken to me. Not sure if thats a bad thing or a good thing LOL!!!

2003 F250 Superduty, 7.3L Powerstroke, 112K and counting, 3.73 Limited slip diff. http://www.madmaxdiesel.com/
Old 11-10-2010, 10:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAREone03-7.3 View Post
WOOT WOOT!!!

I have been given the stack idea alot of thought. I got a SD and have seen a few that had stacks and I wasnt sure what to think.

Was looken at dual stack systems today while at work. Cutten the hole in the bed just makes me kinda kring, then I would also have to take my ARE bed cover off.

I think they are cool as long as they are done right. If you put some dual peterbuilt stacks on your truck, well.... you must have licked windows and ate paint chips as a kid.

As for a cover, if I had them, Id have some mule ears LOL!!!!

Stacks is one of those, hate them or love them things. Hell, my wife said if I put them on the truck she would stop talken to me. Not sure if thats a bad thing or a good thing LOL!!!
bull haulers only look good on cc lb dualys... and in the rainy season it gets on the sides of the truck no matter what. i love mine... THANKS JAMES! i prolly wont have any other style exhaust. 3
Old 11-10-2010, 10:37 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by superduty4x4 View Post
Yes! Just like the rest of the truck, and the guy in the driver's seat!
bite me Mr. cali lean..
Quote:
Not me....I said they should be at least level with the top of the cab....not below the top of the cab. I have seen guys put "big rig" stacks in the back of their trucks and not trim them down so they are a couple feet above the cab, and that's pretty ridiculous. I also know plenty of people who don't like Aussies or Bull Haulers....the few guys I know that run Aussies or Bull Haulers do so to try and get the smoke out away from their two rigs.

I think anything over 6" in diameter is silly, yours is 5in right?

All in all, it doesn't really matter what others think. I have had people tell me the flames look gay and it doesn't bother me. That's why we all work on our trucks and build them the way we want them. Doesn't really matter what other people think.

I still like my old weed burner over the stacks, but I needed something to be legal to race, and they have brought a lot of attention to the truck. For someone who is planning on starting a race build in the next 1-2 years I need all the attention I can get.
yes it is a 5in mitre comes like i said just above the cab and when un covered it does blow soot every where but if you wash it problem solved. not taking any offense just making sure we got all the points covered
Old 11-11-2010, 10:03 AM

Nick We need some pics of that thing.
Old 11-11-2010, 06:51 PM
Sponsor

Strokeorcorak, Oh I donít really think they sound any different than anything else. Just the noise is coming from a different area.

Diesel Hardware, outfitted with stuff like cab guards, wench bumpers bed rail caps etc. Stuff that makes it all flow together. On a stock truck they just look out of place. And yeah cutting a hole in your bed is hacking it up. You can do a nicer job but you still have a hole there and you still waste bed space. I guess none of this matters if youíre just a poser and have a truck to make yourself look manly instead of having a truck to actually use as a truck.

I will give you props for being a bit original with the custom flames cut into them. The only time Iíd ever do a stack would be in a competition truck. Not that I plan on racing NHRDA any time soon because I think the organization has gone WAY downhill from what it was originally but on my current truck I just plan on putting a turn up on the tailpipe when I go to the track next time.

I do agree with you that the ďbig rigĒ stacks sticking way up and the big turn outs with 12Ē sticking out past the bend really look ghay! As well as the ones that are ridiculously huge.

Ford7.3 you said it not me!

RAREone sounds like you have a smart wife!

As if you couldnít guess I hate stacks in general. I think Iím just more of a purest and like the truck for a truck and arenít trying to make it a big rig. But just because I think something looks stupid doesnít mean someone should take offense to if and get all bent. Iíve seen some stacks that REALLY look GHAY and Iíve seen some that didnít look to bad. However Iíve seen a much lower percentage of the latter.

Honestly I kind of look at stacks like the fart pipes on the ricers. It seems to be the younger crowd that likes then and they are more posers than anything. Iíll keep my side exit and you can view it from the rear. Or at least until Iím out of sight!
12.683@105.65 in 1/4 mi!
466hp #2 only 805hp N≤O
GTS Motorsports
Old 11-11-2010, 08:26 PM

theres WAY WAY to many morons running around locally running stacks. seems more common on pre-03 dodge trucks but i can only count maybe 10 diesels withing 2 miles on my house that dont have stacks. most of the locals have stacks and some generic chip to make as much smoke as possible.
Old 11-12-2010, 01:28 AM

If you're going to haul anything flammable you need a heat shield. I found out by setting a 5 gallon bucket full of waste oil on fire in a service truck that was set up like that
Old 11-12-2010, 05:25 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7.3nation View Post
theres WAY WAY to many morons running around locally running stacks. seems more common on pre-03 dodge trucks but i can only count maybe 10 diesels withing 2 miles on my house that dont have stacks. most of the locals have stacks and some generic chip to make as much smoke as possible.
I see the same thing here. Especially a little north of here in the Monroe area there are a ton of Dodges and a few Fords with stacks.
12.683@105.65 in 1/4 mi!
466hp #2 only 805hp N≤O
GTS Motorsports
Old 11-12-2010, 05:40 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Strokeorcorak, Oh I donít really think they sound any different than anything else. Just the noise is coming from a different area.

Diesel Hardware, outfitted with stuff like cab guards, wench bumpers bed rail caps etc. Stuff that makes it all flow together. On a stock truck they just look out of place. And yeah cutting a hole in your bed is hacking it up. You can do a nicer job but you still have a hole there and you still waste bed space. I guess none of this matters if youíre just a poser and have a truck to make yourself look manly instead of having a truck to actually use as a truck.

I will give you props for being a bit original with the custom flames cut into them. The only time Iíd ever do a stack would be in a competition truck. Not that I plan on racing NHRDA any time soon because I think the organization has gone WAY downhill from what it was originally but on my current truck I just plan on putting a turn up on the tailpipe when I go to the track next time.

I do agree with you that the ďbig rigĒ stacks sticking way up and the big turn outs with 12Ē sticking out past the bend really look ghay! As well as the ones that are ridiculously huge.

Ford7.3 you said it not me!

RAREone sounds like you have a smart wife!

As if you couldnít guess I hate stacks in general. I think Iím just more of a purest and like the truck for a truck and arenít trying to make it a big rig. But just because I think something looks stupid doesnít mean someone should take offense to if and get all bent. Iíve seen some stacks that REALLY look GHAY and Iíve seen some that didnít look to bad. However Iíve seen a much lower percentage of the latter.

Honestly I kind of look at stacks like the fart pipes on the ricers. It seems to be the younger crowd that likes then and they are more posers than anything. Iíll keep my side exit and you can view it from the rear. Or at least until Iím out of sight!
Learn how to multi quote hahaha

But they probably dont sound all that different. But IMO its somewhat different, going from a single rear exit to dual stacks changes things

RevX In stock
S&B Intakes in stock
Old 11-12-2010, 11:46 PM
The smokey one!

I was on the fence about mine for about 6 months. I looked at every pic, and video that I could find. Bought the parts and tools (hole saw) and waited another month. I put it in there and mocked it up a bunch of times. Love it now.

Old 11-12-2010, 11:51 PM

Nick lets see some pics of your stacks!
Old 11-13-2010, 12:09 AM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powersmoke_sd View Post
I was on the fence about mine for about 6 months. I looked at every pic, and video that I could find. Bought the parts and tools (hole saw) and waited another month. I put it in there and mocked it up a bunch of times. Love it now.

I still think it looks out of place and it's to big around. Not to mention you need about another 2" of lift in the rear.
12.683@105.65 in 1/4 mi!
466hp #2 only 805hp N≤O
GTS Motorsports
Old 11-13-2010, 12:54 AM
Your Daddy

Serious Cali lean there.....

And a stack too big with no smoke coming out of it.

Must be a poser...

2000 Ford F250 SCLB Lariat 4x4 450ci PSD
1982 Ford F250 351W/C6/Dana61 daily driver

22 year US Navy Veteran MMC(SW), retired.
Old 11-13-2010, 01:05 AM
Sponsor

12.683@105.65 in 1/4 mi!
466hp #2 only 805hp N≤O
GTS Motorsports
Old 11-13-2010, 01:14 AM
Your Daddy

Well Hi, Geoff.

Long time no see.

Still don't have that PM I was waiting for....

And so I stay on topic, yes, my truck is a poser. Til the rebuilding is done....

Old 11-13-2010, 10:13 AM

I might be heading in the stacks route mainly cause I don't want to be a dick. With the height of my truck the tail pipe points right at cars the might be next to me, it points right into there window
99 F-350 extended cab long bed, 4in magnaflow turbo back exhaust, 10in fabtech lift with 40in tires, 4:56 gears front and rear, AFE "Big Boost" AirFilter, TS Performance chip with Tony Wildman tunes, 6speed manual tans, aftermarket compressor housing from paulshp.com, quickie throttle pedal from paulshp.com, Gen2 Billet wicked wheel, bellowed up pipes, Riff Raff FRX

Old 11-13-2010, 05:36 PM

Does a 4" stack used as a side pipe count

This is just a mock up, Have a chrome pipe on order
Mods: SureFlow injectors, DP Tunner, custom air to air and water to air intercoolers, custom intake manifold, custom built parallel turbo setup(true twins), 4" sidepipes. www.blackmagicmotorsports.com
http://www.youtube.com/user/chrisf97305
Old 11-13-2010, 06:25 PM
Your Daddy

Sidepipes! I like it.

Need two though. Just like the old Corvette Stingrays.

Old 11-13-2010, 08:57 PM
The smokey one!

Only 1/2 higher in the front than the rear. Rather have my noise in the air then my @ss. Its the pic angle makes it look worse. I'll snap a pic of some smoke. Just didn't want to catch chit for a smoked out pic.,
Old 11-13-2010, 11:53 PM

I like it just the right height on the stack looks good man.
Old 11-14-2010, 04:58 PM
just a bottom feeder

No stacks for me. My hay truck gets crap all over it from the stacks
Old 11-15-2010, 10:37 AM
No trailer to BIG!!!

Im diggen the side pipes like that old stingrays. AWESOME!!!!!

Old 11-15-2010, 01:25 PM
Banned

Whatever you do, don't do stacks like this guy:

Old 11-15-2010, 01:36 PM

that thing in gayer than my non running obs with a stack.
{95 F250 Powerstroke XLT} 5 spd with Haisley machine street drag clutch, injectors by Farmers Diesel, tunes by tyrant diesel, S467 with Irate diesel T4 mount, TE Dual pumps, AFE stage 2 intake, custom intercooler, Custom 4" duals, Irate diesel electric fuel, D60.

448hp/861tq 05/19/2012

Quote:
I have Master's degree and I'm still dumber than fawk.

Last edited by Bryan@Alligator; 11-15-2010 at 04:11 PM.
Old 11-15-2010, 01:54 PM
No trailer to BIG!!!

Quote:
Whatever you do, don't do stacks like this guy:

CRAP!!! YA caught me!! No one was suppose to see that!! LMAO

Really, did they really do that?

Saw a SD f250 once with stacks that seemed to be like 5 feet tall if not more.

Old 11-15-2010, 02:20 PM
Banned

I didn't take that pic, but that truck has caught the attention of several people on the WA wet side.
I saw an OBS reg. cab the other night with turnouts that were about 2' above the cab... couldn't get a photo though damnit. It was uber stupid looking.
Old 11-15-2010, 02:48 PM
Sponsor

Highslide JS

how would my truck look with stacks i wonder? Got a guy wanting to trade straight across for 5" dual mitre cuts

*no this is not my truck, its just VERY similar in color*

RevX In stock
S&B Intakes in stock
Old 11-15-2010, 04:06 PM
Sponsor

Boy you are lucky im not near a computer...OH WAIT!

Last edited by Bryan@Alligator; 11-15-2010 at 04:12 PM.
Old 11-15-2010, 04:20 PM

You shouldn't make fun of your pickup like that

Sent from my DROIDX
{95 F250 Powerstroke XLT} 5 spd with Haisley machine street drag clutch, injectors by Farmers Diesel, tunes by tyrant diesel, S467 with Irate diesel T4 mount, TE Dual pumps, AFE stage 2 intake, custom intercooler, Custom 4" duals, Irate diesel electric fuel, D60.

448hp/861tq 05/19/2012

Quote:
I have Master's degree and I'm still dumber than fawk.
Old 11-15-2010, 04:33 PM
Sponsor

haha last i heard we had about the same setup going on.. both not running..
Old 11-15-2010, 07:38 PM
No trailer to BIG!!!

OH OH!! Almost forogot.

I saw a dodge the other day that had a over the axel exhaust, nothen fancy. Looked like regular pipen but had a tip on it the size of a damn basketball if not bigger!!! Sounds like shit too.

Tried to get a pic of it put couldnt for I was out runnen him LOL!! next time I see it, Ill try to snap a pic.

Old 11-15-2010, 08:19 PM
Your Daddy

I am going to fit a piece of 16" sewer pipe to my exhaust.

It will be totally bitchen!!!!

What about putting the stacks at the back of the bed?

Old 11-27-2010, 12:12 PM
PNWFDE--East Side Chapter

there is a dodge near my shop, i need to take my camera one day and take a picture of it. it is gawd awful!!!
Tyrant Diesel Tunes
Casserly 250cc Hybrid Injectors
BTS
AirDog II w/Reg. Return fuel bowl delete
291 hp 585 tq, Stock injectors/DPTuning
Dynoed 583hp 29 Sept 12
685hp 19 May on PMT1_Fuel 707 Tune by Tyrant!

13.22 sec in 1/4 mile @ 102 mph.
PNWFDE#2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cota View Post
Greg's truck backfires more HorsePower than yours makes!
9/25/09 RIP Muley, you will be missed!
Old 11-27-2010, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diezel Dawg View Post
there is a dodge near my shop, i need to take my camera one day and take a picture of it. it is gawd awful!!!
I might know who owns it. 2 guys in my shop just installed stacks
99.5 F250 Custom intake,Farmer's 238/100's, 38r, non ebv pedistal, 4in down pipe 5 in exhaust with 6" tip, RiffRaff Frx, Tuned by Cale, southbend 6 button clutch Freightliner Air Horns, 6" BDS lift on 35 terra grapplers
Old 11-27-2010, 11:18 PM

I asked my wife about stacks, this is how it went.....

Me: Hey babe what do you think about adding stacks?

Wife: How would a For Sale sign look on your truck?

Guess we wont be getting stacks.
Lmao
10" 4-Link suspension, 40" Toyo's, XD Diesel 20x12, 4" DP back exhaust, aFe CAI, H&S Tuner with KEM 345
Old 11-27-2010, 11:24 PM
PNWFDE--East Side Chapter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio View Post
I might know who owns it. 2 guys in my shop just installed stacks
Pio, this truck was bought at Consumer Auto Liquidators. So the stacks werent installed by two guys in your shop. THis truck is hideous. I will take my camera Monday
Tyrant Diesel Tunes
Casserly 250cc Hybrid Injectors
BTS
AirDog II w/Reg. Return fuel bowl delete
291 hp 585 tq, Stock injectors/DPTuning
Dynoed 583hp 29 Sept 12
685hp 19 May on PMT1_Fuel 707 Tune by Tyrant!

13.22 sec in 1/4 mile @ 102 mph.
PNWFDE#2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cota View Post
Greg's truck backfires more HorsePower than yours makes!
9/25/09 RIP Muley, you will be missed!
Old 12-03-2010, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisf97305 View Post
Does a 4" stack used as a side pipe count

This is just a mock up, Have a chrome pipe on order
i want to see more of this, I wanted to do this but couldn't figure out how to do it

1996 F250 Ext Cab Long Bed 4x4 E4OD

aFe Big Boost -- 3in Downpipe to 7 inch CAT Stack -- TS Chip -- Dana 60 -- Flatbed
Old 04-29-2011, 10:15 AM

Here are the stacks on "fat ass", my old truck. They looked good but had a nasty drone at speed, plus I was washing the truck every other day to keep soot off of it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 101_3857.jpg (111.5 KB, 19 views)
Highslide JS
File Type: jpg 100_2272.jpg (105.2 KB, 18 views)
Highslide JS
Old 04-29-2011, 01:20 PM
Sponsor

Parttfreak!!!
Old 04-29-2011, 05:52 PM

I am back lurking around, but this time with an CCSB OBS. Just can't get away from these seven threeeeeesssss.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:08 PM
just a bottom feeder

If your going to do stacks do one that comes out the back of the tale gate in the center and have it on a remote so you can swing it up down at tailgaters or left or right. LOL Then it would have a use.
Old 04-30-2011, 12:50 AM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BACK4MORE View Post
I am back lurking around, but this time with an CCSB OBS. Just can't get away from these seven threeeeeesssss.
well from the looks of that obs looks like you got a killer truck, gonna miss seein that old dually rollin through town though lol
Old 07-02-2011, 12:54 AM

Anyone guy pics of a single stack on a CCLB? I want one but think a single might look weird on a truck that big or longu know?
2002 f-350 7.3 Powerstroke Crew Cab Long Bed, auto tranny. mods- tb 4inch exhaust MBRP, muffler delete, with 4 into 6x18 long tip, S&B CAI, glowshift gauges, bellowed up-pipes, tc lock, Edge Evolution< ts-chip soon to come, ???