You have a new PM! Click here here to read it!

Go Back   Ford Diesel Power Forums > Technical Section > 6.4L Powerstroke Technical Discussion

6.4L Powerstroke Technical Discussion Technical info, repair and non performance related discussion for the 6.4L Power Stroke engine here.

Old 05-18-2017, 12:00 PM

Angry 09 F350 Super Duty 6.4 TDiesel - CA-Intake problem with exhaust cleaning

Hello everyone. Newbie here. could use some advice or help. So I installed the K&M CA Intake about a year ago, no problems, easy install. But after, the Drive to Clean and Cleaning Exhaust Filter messages ceased to come up. It used to cycle every 8 or 9 hundred miles. Ford Dealership told me it would eventually happen when it needed to, but after many thousands of miles, still wasn't coming up. I finally had it diagnosed as the CAI allowing way too much air thru the system and the airflow never going low enough to cause the system to think it was needing a clean. I called K&M and they said I was crazy, just to clean the MAF sensor. Which I did. Still no regen. Talked to the AutoZone guys and they said to cover the intake filter of the CAI with a bag or shroud of some kind. I did that, it went into regen within 5 minutes! So, it is diagnosed as the CAI. I do NOT want to go back to stock. Is there a different aftermarket sensor I can put in that would allow the regen to occur? Can I have the MAF reprogrammed to do this? thank you for any info!

Edit/Delete Message
Old 05-18-2017, 05:06 PM

There are not any sensors that will change the parameters like that. You could probably install a resistor that would skew the reading but I would no suggest doing that. If you want to keep the intake I would buy a tuner put a mild tune on it and kits take the dpf off.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Tags
cai, cold air intake, drive to clean, exhaust filter